Sunday, March 2, 2014

Jan asked me to go horseback riding out at her place a week ago.  I said OK, I'll go.  The barn owner Susan has a horse I can ride and I said fine as long as I can use my own saddle and reins I'm good to go.  I just told her someone might have to help lift my leg over because I'm so decrepit.  Jan later told me she thought I would pussy out of going for sure.  The rain and 40 degrees that feels like 31 degrees did kinda make me question if I was right in my mind. Marcel didn't want me to go, I could tell but I made promise to myself to start being more active.  I've been going to dog school week nights and spending a lot of time outside.  The snow and frozen pipes might  have had something to do with that but that's a different story.

My mount is Amber.  A Tennessee Walker that is the color a Clydesdale.  Now I wanted a short horse like I have at home but Susan says Amber is a good calm  horse.  I haven't had good experiences with the TWH.  I got taken on an unwanted gallop with a TWH that was insanely out of control.  But Amber was very sweet and gentle and a fantastic ride.

We only walked but they don't call them Walkers for nothing.  They just plow through anything! And they walk REALLY fast and REALLY smooth.  I would have had a lot of trouble with my little horse Stetson keeping up with them.  I have no doubt he would try but he would have been exhausted.  Amber was slipping and sliding in the mud and rocks but was just a smooth as could be.  In fact, if she were for sale, I think I'd have to consider her.  Even though Jan did have to push my leg back over Amber's butt so I could get off.  I need a 14.2 TWH. 

Anyway I had a great time.  I got cold, wet and muddy but it was really fun but I'm tired. So tired I can't sleep tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment