Friday, May 25, 2012

Life Goes On

That was the fastest lambing season ever.  Just 2 beautiful light and dark caramel colored ram lambs.  Unfortunately, my best ewe Amethyst lost her lamb.  I didn't check the gender but it had a large white patch on its dark chestnut colored head......dang it. That was exactly what I was going for to, white markings. Oh well, can't dwell on the loss when you live on a farm and other animals still need you to be bright and cheery.  

While I have to constantly remind myself to remain in the moment the animals don't understand being any other way, must be nice.  Amethyst was bleating for a few hours over the loss of her lamb but she eventually got on with her day.  Today she is frolicking with the lambs of the other ewes, some of which are her daughters.

There is loss and there is new life on the farm.  My favorite Shiba Bridget Jones had a litter of 3 healthy and hefty boys.  Two reds and my first cream colored puppy. They are about 4 weeks old now and starting to wobble around on fat little legs.  Now I know why pet people like the creams so well.  They are so cute.  My husband Marcel can't help but spout out "Polar Bear Alert!" every time the cream puppy wakes up to toddle around the puppy pen.



I have decided to keep a male puppy from the litter.  He's red and he'll have bright white markings.  I think I will call him either:
Kawakono Zip Zoom Zow and call him "Zoomie"
OR
Kawakono Zee Zee Tops and call him "Topper"

 
Which one do you like best????
To read more about my Shibas go to www.KawakoShibaInu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment