Saturday, January 31, 2015

I'm so excited!  Handsome leaves for training TOMORROW!  yEEEEEE Haaaaaaaa!  I can't wait to ride him.  Even though I suffer from fibromyalgia and have a busted up back from a car accident I can still ride.  I use a mounting block so I don't have to use my own strength to pull myself up  then someone helps flip my leg over the back.  Once I'm up there I'm OK.  It's just getting up in the saddle that is hard.  Of course I pay dearly for days after but it is so worth it when you love something so much.  Like washing and packing dogs to the shows.  Marcel does a lot of the work now but I still want to go!

OK, so I found out some information about Handsome from Patti at the BLM.  She said he was captured 11/24/1999 in Nevada outside of the herd management area but she doesn't know which herd management area.  He was adopted 8 months later.  So he is 4-5 years older than I thought, maybe being 15 years old!  Damn, hope Jona can teach and old horse some new tricks like how to respect me!

Marcel is hooking up the trailer as I write.  Tomorrow is superbowl or STUPIDbowl as I call it so at least I know Marcel will be motivated to get the transport done early.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Lexi is getting fat and we've found wonderful homes for all her puppies.  I will have her x-rayed in a week to see how many pups she'll have and the vet will let me know when she projects she will deliver.  Babies are always so exciting and fun.

Got to go finish cleaning my rat cage now!

No comments:

Post a Comment