Sunday, November 18, 2012

PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES

I am getting so excited about the puppies due at Kawako Shibas!  LG (Little Girl), Lexi AND Bridget were bred and now it's just a matter of waiting.

Of course I am busy getting ready for the deliveries and I hate to say my house will be crowded with ex-pens and whelping beds to separate the mamas.

I think I have only had 3 litters at a time on one other occasion but it was several years ago and I seem to remember saying I would never do that again but like drinking tequila I have to remind myself ever few years that it wasn't a good idea.

I have had two litters at a time many times and in fact, find it most helpful, especially if we are talking Pomeranian litters.  LG usually ends up taking over for the Pom mama because they just can't deal with it.

Granted I have had several females that don't like either the birthing process and/or the thought of cleaning up meaning eating the waste off of a puppy's tummy or bum!   It is well known that spoiled house dogs don't usually make good brood bitches.  Ouch, that's harsh.  But it's true.  When I think back of all the females that have had birthing problems and weren't good mothers all those dogs were my favorite girls at the time.  So I believe that saying.

People say that the dog projects the owners own personality and tendencies and in this instance that is absolutely correct.  I have never been able to bring myself to commit to motherhood.  The whole process seems unpleasant and I can totally understand why some mothers eat their young.  I'm talking canine and other animal species not human of course. I'm a rockin' Aunt but I don't think I would make a good mother.  I mean look at poor Lexi, looking so fat and uncomfortable...........

But I fell off subject didn't I?  Anyway.........can't wait to have the bouncing baby puppies!

This time I am doing something completely different when it comes to space and exercise.  Since we built all weather facilities for our horses I am now able to use the entire barn isle way and stalls for indoor puppy play area.  This will greatly lessen my time spent out in the elements which means neither I nor the puppies will be soaked in Washington's non stop winter rain.  Well, we'll give it a try and see how it all works out.  Hopefully it won't snow this winter.

Wish me luck and never stop praying for us, it seems to be working.

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment